Section 2: AddendaAnchor: #i1010048
In the event that the Department modifies a proposal or the plans after the proposal release date, an addendum is sent to communicate revisions to each bidder who requested a bidding proposal. The addendum amends the original contract terms.
Make an informed decision as to whether or not an addendum is needed or whether a change order is appropriate. Major errors require an addendum request.
- Anchor: #YFOMLOJX
- Minor errors, including but not limited to minor quantity errors or misspelled words, do not require correction prior to letting. A minor quantity error is an error that does not create significant change. The price also does not change, so it should not affect the bid. Anchor: #OTGCLNHF
- Major errors cause substantial changes that affect the bidding process.
Because significant work has gone into bringing a project to letting, and Prospective Bidders have expended efforts in preparing their bids, DES, CST, and Civil Rights Division (CIV) will make every effort to assist in issuing addenda.
All addendum requests must include the following:
- Anchor: #KOEONIGS
- a complete explanation of what is being changed, e.g., sheets added or deleted, bid items added or removed, unit costs modified, contract days modified, change in funding from state to federal or vice versa; Anchor: #RHWTMKEY
- a description of how the overall project cost is being impacted; Anchor: #DXIDXGKX
- a statement as to why the addendum should be approved and potential impacts if it is not processed; and Anchor: #HGDEQMAA
- documentation of District Engineer (DE) or Deputy District Engineer (DDE) approval of the addendum.
Refer to the Addendum Request Form (internal access only). Addenda submitted without complete documentation will not be reviewed, approved, or processed and will be returned to the district.
Reference the Letting Manual, Chapter 2 and DES’s Addenda Processing SOP for more information on processing of addenda (internal access only).Anchor: #i1010898
Accessing the Bidders List to Gather Contact Information for All Prospective Bidders
Access the Bidders List and gather contact information using either of the following options to ensure that every prospective bidder that has requested a proposal receives the same information.
- Anchor: #YTBANHTQ
- Option 1 - Electronic Bidding System
(internal access only)
- Anchor: #RRARLIFY
- Access the Electronic Bidding System (EBS) via intranet access. Anchor: #JHTTDDJT
- EBS will automatically populate the Network User Name and Mainframe User ID fields. (If it does not auto-populate, contact CST’s Construction and Maintenance Contract Letting (CMCL) Section to request an access role in EBS.) Click Log In. Anchor: #HKRCOPHH
- Click on the Addenda tab. Anchor: #RIIOIQRU
- Using the drop-down list, select the project CSJ and click the button to generate the Proposal Request Report. Anchor: #EOYOEVMB
- The report will include the name and email address of each prospective bidder that has requested a proposal for the specified CSJ. Copy all prospective bidders on one distribution email.
- Option 2 - TxDOT website
- Access the Bidders List for State-Let Construction and Maintenance or Local-Let Maintenance, as applicable. Anchor: #QQLHJDPS
- Click on the project county, and find the project CSJ to see the list of prospective bidders who have pulled a proposal. Anchor: #RDCAKXUE
- Click on the prospective bidder name to access contact information. Anchor: #LEVMYGSB
- Copy all prospective bidders on one distribution email.